Since I first posted about the AllTrials campaign to have All Trials Registered and All Results Reported, it has gathered considerable support. More than 40,000 people have signed it and hundreds of organizations have joined as well, including GSK (one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world), AMSA (American Medical Student Association), the British Medical Association, many disease-specific research and advocacy organizations.
Their new goals are:
- One million signatures on the petition
- Every 10,000 new signatures, they’ll send the petition to health ministers in every country and to regulators.
- Share this link to spread the word.
- More international organisations signed up. (unfortunately very few U.S.-based orgs)
- £40,000 so they can keep going. Donate here.
Here’s a video (~90 min) of Ben Goldacre, one of the leaders behind AllTrials, explaining the problems with clinical trial reporting that make AllTrials is necessary. He was promoting his new book, Bad Pharma: How Drug Companies Mislead Doctors and Harm Patients, but it’s still a good talk. The book’s been sitting on my bedside stand for 2 months now. Hopefully I’ll get around to reading it soon.